Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lessons from Love





When I love, I love hard. In my life there were three men that I truly loved with all of my heart. The first man was back when I was in college. We ended up dating a year and a half after I graduated from college when I was in my early twenties. He was a so called "bad boy" and our relationship was turbulent. I finally came to my senses and realized he was no good for me. The second is a man 10 years my senior. We worked together for years and dated other people before we started seeing each other. Because he is older, he taught me a lot of lessons about life. He has been there for me and seen me through a lot of ups and downs. I can honestly say, that he has helped me to become a better person.
The third was someone I knew in college. Like the first one, we did not date while we were in college. We were reunited 10 years after college. We live in separate cities, so it was hard to keep up a relationship. Although we rarely see each other, he is a genius and one of the smartest men I have ever known. He inspires me.
As you can see, each of these men played a significant role in my life. Even the first man. He taught me street smarts. To sum it up, I am grateful for the lessons I learned from love.

No comments: